Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

I have bought an AEG - HK654200FB induction hob to installed

I have bought an AEG - HK654200FB induction hob to installed over an oven with a granite worktop which is 30mm.
i am a DIYer and have bought all the pieces to make up my kitchen. However, the install instructions have a picture implying the hob if installed over an appliance or a draw requires a 40 mm work top depth. Which with granite and quartz is impossible. Therefore is this hob not supposed to be installed in conjunction with granite over an oven or draw.
Secondly, my oven has a raised part at the front and drops down 150mm in, there is little space/gap between the front of the oven and the hob. However this increases as this goes back to around 25mm.
Having looked at other hobs this seems an average (if not smaller) depth hob so am confused as if im having problems with this one, it will surely occur with others.
Please help.
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Hi, I am Tech Michael an expert in this field and I will be assisting you today. I am a Master Technician that's dedicated to giving you the best Answer possible.If you are new to the site, this is briefly how it works:1. We may need some back and forth to exchange information (if needed) and there is no extra cost for replying.2. I will give you the best possible Answer for your problem without the ability of actually being present with you.The better you describe the problem, the quicker I can help ;-)3. Remember to leave a Positive Rating ,it doesn't cost anything additional to rate kindly;-)I am only credited for my time and expertise if you rate kindly.In this case, I need to know how thinck the ganite top is complete.Thank youTech Michael
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi there,
It's 30mm. I've read lots online about not fitting to installers guidelines etc and some Britsh standard part P sign off.But having spoke to an electrician and a kitchen fitter they both said don't worry. The granite will dissipate the heat, and the space at the back will allow sufficient ventilation.I'm still concerned however as its not to manufacturers guidelines. But it couldn't ever be unless I had it installed over empty unit?!The electrician also said the instruction with 40mm worktop was likely specific to that as the 40mm laminate worktop would be more likely combustible and require more ventilation. Sorry for babbling. And thank you.
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Hi, I agree, I dont see any issues with this installation at all, and really wouldn't worry, I would even install this in MY HOME.Also, its an induction hob, so they dont really create heat except the pots themselves;-) Your good and safe no problems.In any case, I will stick with you until this is complete.Please rate my service thus far.Also it is the only way I am credited for my time and expertise with you.Once you rate, I will be notified and will add your question to my priority list so you can reach me anytime until this problem is solved.Then you can reach me by simply replying to this message anytime.Thank youSincerelyTech Michael
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for reassurance.