Kelly
Kelly, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Technician with over 30 years of experience.
11418111

Have a Whirlpool American Style Fridge Freezer and the display

Have a Whirlpool American Style Fridge Freezer and the display panel was showing something odd and flashing so I turned it off for a while, turned it back on and only have a single flashing light in both the freezer temperature panel and the fridge temperature panel. No matter what you press nothing seems to change and the lights are also off in both cabinets.
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! Please know that I am not compensated for my time by the site until you rate using the stars at the top of your page. A rating is appreciated once we get to the solution for your appliance issue, thanks! Unplug the refrigerator altogether for about 15 minutes. It has to be totally unplugged to reset the electronics. Does anything change when it is plugged back in?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Done that, no change
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Is anything running at all?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Just two green lights flashing, nothing else happening
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
The main control is likely faulty. I would leave it unplugged for at least 4 hours. If it does not come back to life, the main control module will need to be replaced. Please let me know if you have additional questions or need clarification. There is no additional charge for any follow up help! Please remember to rate before you leave, using the stars at the top of the page. If you have any other questions, please let me know! You may continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need, even after rating my service. Thank you!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Unfortunately nothing changed, but thank you for your help.Regards,Tony Dane