Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

My dishwasher stops mid cycle

my dishwasher stops mid cycle
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Hi, I am Tech Michael an expert in this field and I will be assisting you today. I am a Master Technician that's dedicated to giving you the best Answer possible.If you are new to the site, this is briefly how it works:1. We may need some back and forth to exchange information (if needed) and there is no extra cost for replying.2. I will give you the best possible Answer for your problem without the ability of actually being present with you.The better you describe the problem, the quicker I can help ;-)3. Remember to leave a Positive Rating ,it doesn't cost anything additional to rate kindly;-)I am only credited for my time and expertise if you rate kindly.How old is your dishwasher?Can you let me know if it stops at the same spot each time?And is the water getting hot?Is it gettign water flow to the top rach dishes?Thank youTech Michael
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes it stops at the same spot the water is not warm I do not know if it is getting to top rack
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Hi thanks for that. Please run the dishwasher as long as it will run until it stops. Then open the door and check the top rack and let me know if there is water splashes up there, and if its warm or cold?ThanksTech Michael
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes it is getting to top rack water is cold
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for that info. You have a bad heater element or thermostat.I always replace both parts when I do these because it will save you trouble in the long run and the parts arent very expensive.If you are handy and have a few basic hand tools I can walk you through this repair when you have the two parts;-)The best place to get the thermostat and the water heater is:https://www.uk-spares.com/products/appliances/appliance-manufacturers/tekaI would call for these parts, they usually ship the same day you call;-)01454 620 500.In any case, I will stick with you until this is complete.Please rate my service thus far.Also it is the only way I am credited for my time and expertise with you.Once you rate, I will be notified and will add your question to my priority list so you can reach me anytime until this problem is solved.Then you can reach me by simply replying to this message anytime.Thank youSincerelyTech Michael