Rob
Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs. experience with a major worldwide manufacturer.
14831508

My slim line Bosch integrated dish washer door will not open

Customer Question

My slim line Bosch integrated dish washer door will not open sufficiently for me to load/unload it. I emptied it yesterday, opened it later and put a couple of things in. Later in the day, I wanted to put some more things in, but the door will not open enough to access the inside. Help needed please! I have checked it as much as I can but there does not seem to be anything obstructing the door.
Yvonne
Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 1 year ago.
Hello Yvonne, my name is***** you open the door of the appliance and give me the ENR which is etched into the metal at the top of the doors inner panel please. Can you also tell me how far the door will open before it stops.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
SPV 40c00gb/23fd9409. DOOR OPENS 18CM and then feels as though something might be badly damaged if pulled open any further
Firstly check that the door base is not fouling the kick-panel underneath the door.. else, the problem is likely that one of the door ropes has snapped or the guide has broken and is jamming in the hinge.