Rob
Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs. experience with a major worldwide manufacturer.
14831508

I have a Neff S54m45X5gb dishwaser that seems to be permanelty

Customer Question

I have a Neff S54m45X5gb dishwaser that seems to be permanelty trying to suck out water. Red tap light comes on but even if I reset and tap light goes out the pump stays on
Expert:  Dales-Electronic replied 7 months ago.
OK sounds like you have water in the base, you will need to remove the kickstrip under the door and shine a torch in there to see if there is water there - once you have done this come back to me - Ian
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I have removed the kick plate but cannot see any water
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I can see a solenoid and lots of wires etc.
Am I looking in the right place?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
anyone there?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
hello?
Sorry had to pop out and collect my daughter - if you are looking in the front under the door back into the base of the appliance and you can see water then yes your are - just confirm this if you would?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I've remove the kick plate at the front under the door but can see no water
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
just to confirm I only needed to remove the metal plate and not any additional plastic behind that?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I would be worried if there was water next to all the electrics
Hang on just a sec whilst I have a look at the drawings
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
s54m45x5gb
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
/86
ok if you tip the door down fully you have the plastic plate but you should be able to see over the top of that and into the base pan area - its in this area that I need you to check for water?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
no water in there
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
however if i undo the container lid inside the unit where the salt goes (we never use this) it is full to the brim with water
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
??
No that bit is fine, the symptoms you describe are water in the base of the appliance. - If there is none in there then likely you have a problem with the main pcb but this means doing more of a strip down of the appliance ie taking the outer door off and then getting into the control panel to see if there is any damage to the cable connectors on the pcb - if you're going to do this you will need a TorX 20 screwdriver.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I have one
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
so is the base where the water should be also where all the electrics and solenoid are?
The base is where the motor, inlet valves, heater, water softener and pump are located - with yours having a plastic wrap around base it has a habit of filling up with water if you have a leak - hence my check for water.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
yes that's what it says all over the internet
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I have tried tipping the unit as well
If you take of the right hand side panel you can get a direct view into the appliance to confirm
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
other threads talk about a stuck anti flood switch
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
ok will try that is the panel easy to remove?
There is a float switch in the base that when activates switches the pump on permanently - side panel, top off, then two or sometimes three screws in the door frame the flick it out and it should come off as its only clipped at the back
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
ok had a look before but had not removed the top so couldnt see the screws
I will remove and report back
thanks for your help so far
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
side is off and bone dry inside
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
by the way I can reset the dishwasher and start a normal wash.
It seems to take water in but them within a few minutes the pump goes on permanently and the timer doesnt count down
Copy and paste the following link into your browser - http://www.neff.co.uk/store/sparepart/finder/detail/S54M45X5GB/86#/tab-spare-section-3 -- then spare parts and diagrams and page 5, the float is item 0505 just check that it is free to move up and down.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
float looks ok
Its dry and the red rod is at it's lowest possible position
OK back to the door then, lower door off and once that is out of the way take off the control panel area and check for burning on the pcb/cables.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
so take front door completely off?
No undo the screws from inside the stainless steel inner door frame, this will then let you remove the outer metal door together with its wooden facia if fitted - once that is done come back to me.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
ok
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
this is integrated so has a facia on the door
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
is it just a single screw I am looking for or several that run around the edge? I assume the pcb is where the buttons are?
Should be about 6 screws to take off the lower door around the edge.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
so when you say the lowe door you mean the bootom of the door?
I can see a wiring loom at that end
I assume I will need to remove the facia first (i/e the one that matches the rest of the kitchen as I can't get to any screws on the lower half of the door?
Take all the screw out from the inside of the door and the outer door including wooden part should come off, depending upon how it is screwed on the facia may be clipped at the top but held in places by screws lower down.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
all done facia and door front removed
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
how do i get the pcb out?
Its held in place by either plastic clips or screws - but it comes out including the plastic cover. If you are going to remove the cables from it make sure that you mark them up as you do so.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
ok will remove cables and try to remove board
the wiring loom looks ok
the control panel was working fine by the way
all displays and buttons working
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
having trouble trying to remove the control panel
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
hello
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
anyone
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
very frustrating
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
i have taken the control module out what am I looking for as looks ok to me
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
are you still there?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
hello if you cannot help please advise
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
a
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
still online?
why won't you reply?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
if you can't help please say soon so i can start putting back together
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
had to put back together due to to lack of response from technician.