Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

Microwave oven model EM-S1553 door opening/closing button will

Microwave oven model EM-S1553 door opening/closing button will not operate after using oven to heat mug of coffee, which is still inside. Help!
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Hello, thanks for your question. On this model the problem is the auto release locks on the door.There is a lever (plastic) when you press the button to open the door it cant do that because the lever has failed. You can get the door latch kit complete, that is the only way the sell this.If you are a little handy, I will help you through this repair.You will need a few basic hand tools and a word of caution.Microwave ovens can retain a lethal voltage even when unplugged in certain instances so please dont touch anything I but what I tell you!The best place to order that door latch kit is: http://www.espares.co.uk/browse/ma840/sanyoIts really best to call to order this part because they dont list all parts on site. But these guys ship the same day you call ;-)Sales0844 9777 888After sales0333 4007 888Monday to Friday 9am to 5:30pm, Closed Saturday, Sunday and Bank Holidays.Outside the UK? Call us on: +44 (0) 20 7717 5046.In any case, I will stick with you until this is complete.Please rate my service thus far.Also it is the only way I am credited for my time and expertise with you.Once you rate, I will be notified and will add your question to my priority list so you can reach me anytime until this problem is solved.Then you can reach me by simply replying to this message anytime.Thank youSincerelyTech Michael