Kelly
Kelly, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Technician with over 30 years of experience.
11418111

My Zanussi ZWF 81663W appears to have left some water in the

My Zanussi ZWF 81663W appears to have left some water in the drum at the end of a cycle. Why, it also leaves water in the detergent drawer every time.
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! Please know that I am not compensated for my time by the site until you rate using the stars at the top of your page. A rating is appreciated once we get to the solution for your appliance issue, thanks! The drain pump filter is likely partially plugged causing the poor drainage. Unfortunately, there is no easy access panel and the machine must be disassembled to access the pump for cleaning of the filter. As for the water in the detergent tray, that is usually caused by a build up of "gunk" in the tray and the siphon tubes. Remove the caps from the tray and use hot water and small bottle brushes to clean the trays and the tubes. Please let me know if you have additional questions or need clarification. There is no additional charge for any follow up help! Please remember to rate before you leave, using the stars at the top of the page. If you have any other questions, please let me know! You may continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need, even after rating my service. Thank you!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Goodness me had I known this I don't think I would have bought this machine - how can I avoid this problem in the future. I clean out the detergent tray every time I use the machine and take it completely out and clean and dry it, but just concerned that there is always water there at the end. I am far more worried by the filter pump. I did see Zanussi had decided to do change this 9 months ago but this is not a good design if you have to take the machine apart to clean the pump filter. We were so pleased with our old Zanussi and it did good service, we have only had this one about 3 months and although I like it I am very worried now.
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
That design with the inaccessible pump is a poor design, in my opinion. If you disassemble it to clean out the filter, you will void your warranty. I would call for warranty service and while it is under warranty and watch when it is disassembled so you can learn how best to access the pump when it is not under warranty.