Kelly
Kelly, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Technician with over 30 years of experience.
11418111

Daniel

hi Daniel
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have a Whirlpool Fitted Washer Dryer and am getting an error code E13 near the end of the cycle and the machine locks up.I have drained the the pipe at the front and checked the stator thing for blocks but they both appear fine.
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! Please know that I am not compensated for my time by the site until you rate using the stars at the top of your page. A rating is appreciated once we get to the solution for your appliance issue, thanks! The E13 error is a door lock error. Since it is working for part of the cycle, it is likely connection related. Access the door lock and the controller and remove the wires from each, one at a time, and reset them back in place. If you still have the error, the door lock will likely need to be replaced. Please let me know if you have additional questions or need clarification. There is no additional charge for any follow up help! Please remember to rate before you leave, using the stars at the top of the page. If you have any other questions, please let me know! You may continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need, even after rating my service. Thank you!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
How difficult is that to do? sounds like more could go wrong than could go right.
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
It is not difficult, you would just need to remove the top from the machine to access those parts. If you carefully remove one connector at a time, you will not have to worry about them getting mixed up. If you are not comfortable performing this, I would not recommend you attempt it.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the machine is fitted so may cause a lot of chaos for no result if i screw it up. Sounds like i need a repairman to visit.Is there a work around until I can get one out on Tuesday?
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Turning the power off at the mains for a couple hours may reset it. Try that and see if it comes back.