Daniel T.
Daniel T., Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

I have a aeg favorit 50750 VI. When I turn on, the Intensiv

I have a aeg favorit 50750 VI. When I turn on, the Intensiv 70/function & normal 65/softener buttons flash, and the machine will not allow me to select a program.
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 11 months ago.
Hi Are any of the washing, drying or rinse lights either lit or flashing? If so which ones are flashing or lit? Regards
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
When I turn on, the Intensiv 70/function & normal 65/softener buttons flash, none of the others are lit. If I turn off and on again, sometimes all the lights are off. I am unable to select a program. I have been through the manual. Intensiv 70/function & normal 65/softener buttons flashing can be used to set the salt level, but not in this case.
Ok try this and see what happens and let me know. Open the door and turn the dishwasher off.Look at the row of program buttons and number them from left to right with 1 on the left.Press and hold buttons 1 and 3 and keep them held in.With them held in turn the dishwasher on.After a few seconds the leds will light up so then let go of the buttons.Now press button 1 about 4 times.Then turn it off.Then turn it back on and see if this clears the lights from there and allows you to set it on a wash from there.7 Let me know what happens.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
No program lights when I press 1 & 3 as above. Pressing 1 & 3 does stop 1 & 2 flashing when I turn off. Makes no difference if the door is open or closed.
Ok if by doing the above isnt putting the dishwasher into service mode then its usually down to the control unit at fault here. As by doing the above should put the dishwasher into service mode. But as its not going into it and you have the 2 lights flashing when they shouldnt be then its looking like the control board in the door is the fault here and would need to be replaced to cure this. Sorry its not looking like good news here.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
OK thanks. 16 year old machine so I'm not going to cry over it. Any chance it's got damp and leaving it with the doors open might help?
You can try and remove the plug from the socket and and leave it a few hours and see if it resets the electronics. But other then that at 16 years old its not worth messing with im afraid.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I agree. Thanks for your help. Case closed.
Your very welcome. Just click the star ratings to close the question. Many thanks
Daniel T., Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.