George-Allsorts
George-Allsorts, Senior Appliance Technicial Manager
Experience:  A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
19471162

Our Neff dishwasher has water sitting in it, and the fault

our Neff dishwasher has water sitting in it, and the fault d08. is there anything we can do to clear it
Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 10 months ago.
Hello Darren, my name is***** you open the door of the appliance and give me the ENR which is etched into the metal at the top of the doors inner panel please.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
not sure if this is the correct info but DVH640JU1
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
OR IS IT 08 27 00452
That is a De Dietrich model.. not a Neff
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
sorry yes
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
what's next?
Sorry, I was looking at the design of the appliance and its fault codes.. d08 is a sprinkling distribution fault, but the fault is likely due to the drain pump or recirculation pump being jammed
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
OK. So what's next?
Does the dishwasher drain if you reset it?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
it won't do anything at the moment. also the end indicator is flashing
Turn the appliance off at the wall for ten minutes.. Is your model standalone or integrated?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
we did try that earlier but can do it again.
It's a fully integrated model
You'll need to drain the water from inside. Once this is done you'll need to remove the panel from under the door to get to the drain pump. The drain pump is a twist fit pump, but it has small locking parts. You need to remove it to check for blockages (small glass parts or similar) that stop the impeller rotating. The pump looks like this
Pump Image
Let me know what you findregards
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
can seem to get that link? just takes me to the home page?
Try this
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I think I've identified the pump but not sure how you 'twist' it off??
It has a little locking tab.. you can see it on the lower part of the image I sent you... you need to release that tab and twist the pump anti-clockwise
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
ok got it out . can't see anything obvious to stop it working
Ok, make sure the impeller turns... Do you have a multimeter?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
it turns with a jerking movement to each position?
I don't have a multimeter
Ok.. If we don't have a multimeter then we can not test it other than direct power feed. The other pump is toward the rear of the appliance and looks like this:
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
and?
That is the main wash pump.. To get at it you'll need to remove the dishwasher from its housing.. As you can see, that pump has a turnpoint at the rear.. Hopefully your appliance has a removable base... Remove the appliance from its housing and remove the base.. Turn the turnpoint and listen for a crunch as it turns. If it wont turn then you need to find what is jamming it.. once it is turning you can test the appliance. Whilst testing it, if it does not turn, listen for a buzz from the pump. If there is a buzz but no turning action, replace the capacitor on the side of the pumps motor. If there is not removable base you'll need to access by removing the right hand side panel. I am going offline now until tomorrow.. hopefully you will have a running dishwasher by then. Please take the time to rate my assistance using the stars provided, as it is the only way I get credited for responding to you.
Experience: A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair