George-Allsorts
George-Allsorts, Senior Appliance Technicial Manager
Experience:  A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
19471162

We have a WM84125W and yesterday it developed an issue

Hi we have a WM84125W and yesterday it developed an issue of the washing still being wet after its wash cycle but this morning it's done it again and the washing was hot.
I set the machine to spin + dry which drained the machine which was still full of water and it dryed the washing and yet again the washing is hot and so is the drum?
Any ideas wat could b causing this and is it likely to b a programmer issue the machine is only 2 months old
Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 1 year ago.
Hello Neil, my name is***** this appliance is only 2 months old I suggest you don't start trying to repair the problem yourself as you will invalidate your warranty, nevertheless, check is the water connection and ensure that you are not connected to the hot supply. The problem can be caused by a variance of causes PCB, NTC, Heater, Wiring... etc etc. Contact Beko to have them come out to repair the appliance under warranty.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Well clearly whilst under warranty I wasn't gonna repair it myself for an appliance to all of a sudden have heat in it after 2 months then it isn't likely to be connected to see hot tap so those answer r a little irrelevant.
My main concern was why was the washing hot and is it a fire risk and it sounded like a possible programmer fault and wanted confirmation really so I can phone them and rule out any simple checks I could do as filter was free from debris and it doesn't seem to like draining so il phone them tomorrow now and just get them out
Ok Neil, I wasn't being (for want of a better phrase) an ass, by telling you not to attempt a repair to the appliance yourself.. I see many people who fall foul of that very same thing and being as I do not know you personally I could not gain any form of insight into whether you would or wouldn't. Given that I am not in attendance at the appliance to test it to any degree, I can only advise on what you are telling me. The 'hot tap' query is the first question we must ask in either case.. again, seen so many times... A hot connection in cool weather can sometimes not be detected, however, as the weather starts to warm-up the increase in heat together with the increase in the temperature of the water then starts to show... So not so stupid a question as you might think, and not so irrelevant.. The cause.. as I have already said.. there are a few possibilities, and high on the list are PCB failure, NTC failure, Heater thermistor failure, Heater relay failure. You now also say that it is not draining correctly.. This can also be a cause.. Water is taken into the appliance and then heated to do the wash, however, if the water cannot drain, then because of the pressure switch detecting the water still in the tub, the machine cannot put more water into the tub, hence, the hot water already in the tub is already hot. Having said that, I would have thought that in this case you would have received an error code for not draining. It is therefore quite possible that you have a failed PCB given that there is no error code to state that the appliance is not draining. Regarding your worry of fire.. I would not be concerned with any fire risk in this case. During the wash, the water would prevent such; during the drying cycle, the appliance is equipped with thermal cutout devices which operate once the appliance reached a temperature far in advance of any unsafe temperature. Notwithstanding all of this, I would certainly call out Beko to attend to the issue. Please take the time to rate my assistance using the stars provided, as it is the only way I get credited for responding to you. kind regards
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you sorry to seem harsh I know you must come across some real idiots and I didn't really state I have some sense I'm an electrical engineer so understand the same things as yourself but have no knowledge of pcb issues and washing machines etc houses and industry no problem.
What uve said makes sense now and il Google there number to call tomorrow and get them to do wat they have to il leave you ur feedback in a min and thanx for your help
Neil, the correct number for their warranty call-out should be on your documentation... They will ask for the information on this documentation when you call