George-Allsorts
George-Allsorts, Senior Appliance Technicial Manager
Experience:  A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
19471162

Have a hot point bu72p oven. The light on the dial comes on

Have a hot point bu72p oven. The light on the dial comes on on main oven light in oven and extract fan, but no heat. Checked element and no continuity. Fitted new element (which has continuity) but still no heat....or oven fan. Looked but can't see a fuse in the wires inside the back. Any ideas?
Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 1 year ago.
Hello Aaron, my name is***** you set the clock on the appliance?
According to the wiring diagram there is a Thermal Cutout on the appliance
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I set it to manual but then left the clock at the sime
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry left the clock but not flashing so think that's the same just pressed manual button.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry this page is a bit allover the place. Set manual and clock stopped flashing
So long as the clock is in manual mode, not flashing, and is clocking time then it should be ok.. There are three things that can cause this then.. the thermal cutout has operatedone of the selector switch fingers has shorted and welded shutthe relay on the timer is not operating
do you have a multimeter?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes. I can use it basically to check Volts or continuity but not expert with it
Ok.. Have you got the top off the oven so that you can see the selector switches?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes. Though I'm away from the oven at the moment will be there in half hour and need to suss out options and checks beforehand
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes but oven not here at moment. Need to sus out checks before I go to it.
Ok, I will wait here until you are back at the oven and can respond as I am chatting to you
oh, I see.. Will you be able to remember it all?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Will try to connec on phone when there or have you a number to call.....not sure how this works?
I have sent you the Phone Call request if that it what you want.. or we can continue chatting on here
It may have taken some time but we got there in the end... If you haven't done so already, please rate the assistance given and leave any relevant comments/feedback where appropriate. Glad you're all up and running.. regardsGeorge