George-Allsorts
George-Allsorts, Senior Appliance Technicial Manager
Experience:  A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
19471162

My tumble dryer keeps tripping the electric

Customer Question

Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 1 year ago.
Hello Rhian, my name is***** you tell me the model and the product code of the appliance please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi George thanks so much for picking this upBeko tumble dryer DCU 8230 condeser sensor drying
Thanks for that... Can you describe to me what happens when you use the appliance.. specifically at what point the drier trips
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
As soon as I push the button to turn the machine on- it just trips the whole electricityI think it started when I had to pause the machine for an hour once and left the wet clothes in. It's quite a sensitive soul...
Can I ask.. did the appliance have problems filling the condensate tray prior to this happening?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Do you mean the water tank where the water from the wet clothes goes?
If so, no- not to my knowledge it seemed to be filling up fine
Ok.. let me have a look at the documents for this appliance.. I shall come back to you shortly
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks George- it had been almost a month where it hasn't been working. I just thought it needed to 'dry out' it's not the first time it has happened.I thought you may also like to know I have even tried moving the tumble dryer incase it was the plug socket XThanks for your time on this
That just confirms what I am thinking.. but I will come back to you later, once the documents arrive about 5pm. Meanwhile, I'll send you a Phone Request, just incase you wish to chat directly by phone
There is a large domed cover on the back, held on with a multitude of screws... can you remove it and check for damp therein
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Removed and it feels ok
Are there any signs of any breakages in the element, or signs that there has been water near the element?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I've attached one photo as. Don't know what I'm looking at x
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Second pic
The appliance is going to need testing using electrical test equipment.. The fault is likely one of four parts..CableMains FilterMotor CapacitorDoor SwitchThere are other possibilities, however these are the most likely. If you would like the contact details of a local appliance engineer, let me know your postcode..Please take the time to rate my assistance using the stars provided, as it is the only way I get credited for responding to you.