George-Allsorts
George-Allsorts, Senior Appliance Technicial Manager
Experience:  A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
19471162

I have a Baumatic bom7240ss oven. Whilst using it I heard a

I have a Baumatic bom7240ss oven. Whilst using it I heard a 'pop' from the upper element, and now the oven unit does not work at all and there is no display. The hobs still work. I think I need to replace the upper element but just wondering if this likely to be the only problem given the whole display is also off? Thank you.
Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 1 year ago.
Hello Rachel, my name is***** the clock has stopped working it is likely that the oven has tripped the electric, blown a fuse, or opened a thermal cutout.. therefore, just replacing the element will not allow the oven to work.. Check the consumer unit fuse, also the fuse in the plug (if appropriate)
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you. What do you mean by consumer unit fuse? Do you think maybe I don't need to replace the element at all it or does the popping sound mean that it has gone?
The trip switch in the electricity control box for your house. The popping sound usually indicates that one or another of the elements have gone.. There three in your oven to my knowledge. Please take the time to rate my assistance using the stars provided, as it is the only way I get credited for responding to you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you. There are no switches tripped. The oven has no plug but there's a switch on the wall. Does that mean there is an internal fuse somewhere?
Is the oven hard wired into the wall?Do you have a multimeter?.There is a form of an internal fuse..Please take the time to rate my assistance using the stars provided, as it is the only way I get credited for responding to you.Once rated, I can respond to your further queries relating to this problem.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The oven is hard-wired into the wall. I don't have a multimeter, do I need one? Where might the fuse be? Thank you.