Dales-Electronic
Dales-Electronic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.
26760916

DWD4312W The unit is permanently on and sounds like it is

DWD4312W
The unit is permanently on and sounds like it is running but it never completes cycle.
Have tried the 45 degree tip suggestion but no result.
Expert:  Dales-Electronic replied 1 year ago.
OK I need to take you through a number of tests to verify that the appliance is actually doing anything. Can you set it on a program, then start and tell me if you can hear the drain pump working (this lasts for about 20 seconds) -- Ian
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Before your reply I'd pressed the cancel function and the led now shows red 'end'. Machine still sounds like it is running.Now turned off machine at on/off button. Machine stops running.Turned on again. Machine running constantly - doesn't stop after eg. 1 minute. On/off light is on but wash/dry/end lights are off.
OK you have one of these two problems, either the base of the appliance (the area between the wash cavity and the bottom oi the appliance is full of water or else the electronic pcb is faulty. First check by unplugging and tipping the appliance backwards to 45 degrees if water runs out out of the back and come back to me.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok.Tipped back 45 degrees and a litre or more of water has exited from bottom of machine.
OK mop this up, leave the appliance at 45 degrees for about half an hour and then set it level and start the appliance - come back with your results and we can then have a discussion about the problem.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok. In progress ... Back in 30.
i'll be here
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
STarted on rapid wash cycle 10 minutes ago - machine is humming and showing wash light but no water in machine and dishwasher tablet has not dispensed.
OK tip it over and tell me if there is more water in the base? Tablet wont dispense until water gets to 30 degrees C so thats not a problem at the moment.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Just pulled it the machine out and before tipping it up there is a small pool of water underneath base.Tipping now ...
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes lots of water from base again upon tipping backward.
OK you have go a bad leak in there what you are going to have to do is take off the side panels and spot where the leak is and then come back to me.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Just emptied base by tipping and restarted on intense setting.Tablet has dispensed and heater is on (inside unit steaming) but no water inside washer.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OK
OK this sound like you have a problem with the flow meter (its called a counter group) which measures the amount of water that goes into the appliance - it looks like this -- https://shop.ukwhitegoods.co.uk/1729900100-beko-diplomat-dishwasher-flow-meter?fee=1&fep=2875&gclid=CITT-_r5u8wCFTMo0wodmv8PZwits part number is(###) ###-####or the NTC heat sensor part numb(###) ###-#### ***** http://www.spares4appliances.co.uk/dishwasher-spare-parts-c39/various-dishwasher-parts-c1265/beko-dishwasher-ntc-group-p78105?gclid=COn_ru76u8wCFUwq0wodYdALAQ I would in the first instance change the flow meter but make sure you check the wiring between the flow meter and the main pcb to be sure it isnt frayed or broken.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Took sides off and located disconnected pipe at base of unit.Reconnected pipe after tightening the pipe clip.Currently running through a cycle - will update you with outcome.
Ah thats excellent and well spotted, nothing worse than NOT finding anything (laughs) Im around til late so come back to me when its had chance to run through. I think what has been happening is that is has filled up to the correct level so the flow meter is OK and then as its been running so the water has leaked out into the base pan hence the no water in the wash cavity.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
All working - so far so good - many thanks for your assistance.Mark
No worries Mark come back to me if you require further assistance, in the meantime would you kindly rate the help given sofar by selecting from the star rating system at the top of the page. Just allows me to shut the job down on my screen. If you need further help give me a shout. Thank you for using JA and have a great evening - Ian