Dales-Electronic
Dales-Electronic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.
26760916

My beko fridge freezer is freezing everything in the lower

Customer Question

My beko fridge freezer is freezing everything in the lower part of the fridge eg salad crisper & lower shelf any ideas why & how I can resolve this?
Expert:  Dales-Electronic replied 1 year ago.
Can you give me the full numerical product code that is on the rating label inside the appliance. This is not the model number.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(###) ###-####
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is that the right number?
No if you let me have the model number I will try that but it doesnt always work.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Model number is ***** 653 F
Or I have 72287463831110113002
OK the way the temperature is controlled is by an electrical thermostat - as this is a cheap item to purchase and prone to failure I would change this first. Its part number is(###) ###-####available - http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/GENUINE-BEKO-CDA-FRIDGE-FREEZER-ELECTRONIC-PCB-BOARD-THERMOSTAT-4360630285-/310598515598 once you have it come back to me and I will explain how to change it over. You only need a philips screwdriver - Ian
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Great thanks will order part
A pleasure would you now kindly rate the information given by selecting from the star rating system at the top of the page, once done you can come back to me when you have the part by logging back on and it should be routed directly to me. Thanks for using JA and have a great evening - Ian
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi thanks for the advice the part has come so I would be grateful if you could let me know how to fit it
Power off first, if you look in the light area you will see a couple (perhaps just the one) small round white cap(s) remove those and down the tube is a philips screw(s) undo them/it and the light unit will drop down. Once inside you will find a plug in connector that you can unlatch from the roof area. Unclip and remove the whole housing.. You can now see the thermostat. Undo the screws and remove from its housing having noted and disconnected the pcb connectors. Now this is the important bit - the thermostat knob has offset on it, make sure that you line up the offsets in the thermostat with that of the knob or you WILL break off the flimsy timer knob end. Once you have that in place refit in the reverse order - Ian
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi thanks for the help changing the part didn't cure problem unfortunately so have had to purchase new fridge freezer