Daniel
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

When I open the oven door it trips the electrics

Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.
Hi Does it trip out even if the oven funcation setting is turned off? Regards
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes, even when I open the oven door and the cooker is waiting to be set
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.
Ok theres a few things that can cause this kind of fault. But as its as soon as you open the door then its possibley the door switch. If checking this yourself then you need to pull the oven out from the unit and remove the top panel.There you will see the door lock, Check this and see if theres signs of burning on there and make sure all the wires are on there and none have fallen and are touching the casing of the oven. If thats all ok then you need to remove the back panel as well and again check all the wiring on there and make sure none are loose and shorting out on the metal casing. If the wiring is fine then im afraid you need a megger or insulation meter to check . As this checks the insulation of the oven and picks up any faults to earth which is what you have here.But im afraid without the correct test meter you wont be able to find the cause of this unless you disconnected ever componment in there one at a time to see whats casuing this. So check the door lock first and the wiring and see what you find. Regards