George-Allsorts
George-Allsorts, Senior Appliance Technicial Manager
Experience:  A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
19471162

I have an error code E04 on dishwasher display panel. Contents

Customer Question

I have an error code E04 on dishwasher display panel. Contents are washed but still wet and don't seems to be hot. Most of wash cycle completed.
Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 1 year ago.
Hello Siobhan, my name is***** you open the door of the appliance and give me the ENR & FD that are etched into the metal at the top of the door's inner panel please. I must now go out on call and will be out for some time. I may therefore not be able to answer you immediately should you need further assistance.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ENR is S4 1E5ONOGB/03
FD 9108
Hi Siobhan, thatnks for that info.. Does the water get hot during the wash?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
We don't think so as the plates are cold when we open the dishwasher although the tablets are dissolved.Plates are still wet. I have to go to work now and can't seem to access this site from my mobile. I had to go back to the original page as it's coming up with pages not found when I click on your answer, Very frustrating.
The fault is related to the heater of the appliance... The appliance is operating without heater is what the fault code is telling you.. The fault is caused by either the heater itself being open circuit, the safety thermostat being open, or a fault in the module or relay
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Would you recommend calling a dishwasher technician to replace the part or is there anything further i can do to fix it?
Hello Siobhan, The answer to that question depends on your technical ability and the testing tools you have to hand.Normally, I would suggest that since this requires the ability to use a multimeter and an insulation tester, the job ought to be completed by a trained technition. If you have those two tools I can certainly assit you if you wish to attempt the job yourself..Either way, please take the time to rate my assistance using the stars provided, as it is the only way I get credited for responding to you. regards
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you, we have called a technician to replace the heat pump.
You're very welcome