Dales-Electronic
Dales-Electronic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.
26760916

My Bosch VarioPerfect door interlock has failed and I wwish

My Bosch VarioPerfect door interlock has failed and I wwish to replace it
but there are no screws visible on the front of the machine only what
looks like two plastic covers.
This seems to be at variance with the majority of websites implying that
the screws are visible.
What replacement door interlock will suit my machine ?
Expert:  Dales-Electronic replied 1 year ago.
If you can give me the full ENr I can explain firstly how to remove it and secondly what the correct part number is ***** you model - Ian
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Where is the ENr located. I hope it is not at the back of the machine as it is located in a confined space and I certainly do not
want to move the machine which is mounted on chipboard!
No if you open the door it is written on a label inside the door frame area.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for location of label . This shows E-NR: WAQ243DOGB/09
and below has additional numbers - FD9402 and 102338
OK give me a second --
OK this is the link to the item you want - part number 00638259 electronic lock - http://www.bosch-home.co.uk/store/product/Electriclock/00638259 -- the way to remove the old one is - you need about ten hands to do this but basically as you look at the door lock area in the front of the cabinet you will see two small plastic pegs that come through the front of the cabinet. You depress the pegs and then wiggle the door lock from the inside and it will release from the cabinet front. Remember that you have electric wires attached and also the release mechanism below so make sure you take careful note of where and how they fit onto the lock. Particularly the wires as they connect into the fitting. Once these are disconnected you can remove and replace the lock. Come back to me if you need further help but in the meantime would you kindly rate the information given by selecting from the star rating system at the top of the page to allow me to shut the job down on my screen. If you need further information just log back on and the call will be routed to me automatically. Thank you for using JA and have a great evening - Ian