Kelly
Kelly, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Technician with over 30 years of experience.
11418111

My Hotpoint Washing Machine is not emptying and the first load

Customer Question

My Hotpoint Washing Machine is not emptying and the first load this morning was covered in brown stains. I put the pump on but it is making a funny noise and is not clearing.
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! Please know that I am not compensated for my time by the site until you rate using the stars at the top of your page. A rating is appreciated once we get to the solution for your appliance issue, thanks! The lack of drainage and the stains lead me to believe that there is probably something in the pump impeller that has rusted and is not allowing the water to pass or the impeller to turn. The pump will probably need to be replaced. You could access the pump and remove the hoses for inspection but it is likely to need to be replaced. Please let me know if you have additional questions or need clarification. There is no additional charge for any follow up help! Please remember to rate before you leave, using the stars at the top of the page. If you have any other questions, please let me know! You may continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need, even after rating my service. Thank you!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you. ***** buy spare parts of Hotpoint and fit them ourselves or is this a specialist job
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
May I please have your model number so I am able to provide you with accurate, model specific information?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hotpoint Model No. WMD 960. Serial No. 306464 10000
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Please allow me just a few minutes to prepare some information for you, thank you!
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
The video at the link below will show you how to access the pump filter for cleaning. CLICK HERE
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Should it need to be replaced, it is available below. CLICK HERE Please let me know if you have additional questions or need clarification. There is no additional charge for any follow up help! Please remember to rate before you leave, using the stars at the top of the page. If you have any other questions, please let me know! You may continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need, even after rating my service. Thank you!
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Please let me know if you have additional questions or need clarification. There is no additional charge for any follow up help! Please remember to rate before you leave, using the stars at the top of the page. If you have any other questions, please let me know! You may continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need, even after rating my service. Thank you!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
thank you for your help
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
You are very welcome, thank you!