Dales-Electronic
Dales-Electronic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.
26760916

Whirlpool adp440 dishwasher. Green light is flashing and sounds

Customer Question

Whirlpool adp440 dishwasher. Green light is flashing and sounds as though the machine is emptying but does nothing after that. Can the machine be reset?
Expert:  Dales-Electronic replied 10 months ago.
Can you tell me how many times the led flashes - there should be a gap and then same number again.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
4 then gap, 4 gap, 4 gap etc
Excellent give me a moment.
OK 4 flashes indicates that there is a problem with the draining area, can you confirm that the drain pump is pumping out the water?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I've put a kettle full of cold water in machine and it pumped out normally. The light is now continuously on and when I open the door the machine sounds as though the pump is still working. The machine sound doesn't stop when I open the door. After switching off at mains the light has gone back to 4 gap, 4 gap etc.
OK thank you can you check the model number please there should be four numbers not 3
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Not sure which is the model number but have found the numbers 3-100 N/cm. Also 8511 503 15810. 38 0426 005126. Hope that helps. All this was on the side of the door.
OK ADP4400WH - Right I need you to tip it back to 45 degress and tell me if any water comes out of the base?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Yes! Loads
OK that what I was hoping for - get some old towels and place them around the back of the appliance and leave it that way all night. When you are up and around in the morning come back to me - I need the water to drain out and then the appliance base area to dry out overnight, if we try to run it now we may end up doing more damage - with luck tomorrow the appliance will be back to normal. I will be on here from about 0730 onwards until about 10am and then back on from about 4pm until late in the evening - Ian
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Do I leave it at 45 degrees or upright?
If you can leave it at 45 degrees.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Hi Ian, Have put dishwasher upright and switched it on. To start with the green light flashed at 4 second intervals as before then went constant and started filling up with water and I thought all was well but water started to flow out the bottom of the machine. There is now a clicking noise coming from the electronics in the door which sounds as though something is trying to happen, there is also a sound from the machine which sounds as though it wants to start (like a car in the morning). It has then started to fill only to empty on the floor again.
All is now quiet with the green light constant but when I open the door the electronic clicking starts. John
OK the first thing that you need to do is find out where the water is leaking from underneath - I would look at the hose connections coming from the large main circulating pump as they have a habit of either splitting or perishing and then leaking. Until that is sorted we cannot progress further as every time it leaks the sensor in the base will shut down the appliance.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Have got the machine laid down on the right side (looking at the front of the machine) with the base off and you are correct. I have checked the 3 rubber hoses and have found that there is a split in the small flexible concertina hose about 2" long (towards the back of the machine). Is this a separate hose or is it part of the other big one next to it (it looks like a CV boot cover on a car's steering)? Also, the jubilee clips are not as standard, how do I release them? John
Could you just have a look at the manufacturer and tell me if it is an Askoll branded item?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I have looked all around the rubber hoses plus the attached motor bits but cannot find any Askoll or any branded names. I have to go and collect my Grandson from school so won't get back until 6 ish. John
Thats fine John - I'm heading off for about an hour and then will be back until about 10pm so come back to me when you are free - Ian
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Hi Ian, Where do I look for the branded name? I have however looked at espares and they have very kindly sent me a drawing which I attach. I think that the concertina hose is the item next to the jubilee clip 901 2 but am not sure. Any ideas where I can purchase this concertina hose or is it part of a complete unit? John
John - give me an hour or so, there were two different versions of circulating pump fitted to this model, the first was the Askoll and the second another brand. The Askoll motor had a habit of leaking - tell you what give me your number and I'll call and explain - Ian
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Bristol 0117(###) ###-#### Mobile: ***********
Hi john this is the link and photo of the later pump -- http://www.ransomspares.co.uk/parts/brands/whirlpool/dishwashers/adp4400__1wh%20(851155561829)/pump-body/189973.htm -- as discussed I will see if I have the required repair hose for the original - Ian
Experience: I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Hi Ian, I received the link but when I clicked on it it stated "whoops the page you are looking for cannot be found". Did you have any joy with the hose? (You stated "as discussed I will see if I have the required repair hose for the original") John
http://www.ransomspares.co.uk/parts/brands/whirlpool/dishwashers/adp4400__1wh%20(851155561829)/ bottom of page pump body £91.05p -- Re pipe just waiting for a phone call.