Kelly
Kelly, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Technician with over 30 years of experience.
11418111

Washing machine door won't lock therefore machine won't st

washing machine door won't lock therefore machine won't start
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! Please know that I am not compensated for my time by the site until you rate using the stars at the top of your page. A rating is appreciated once we get to the solution for your appliance issue, thanks! Does the door lock make any noises, like clicking or buzzing?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
May I please have your model number so I am able to provide you with accurate, model specific information?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
dont know it
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Okay, well the door lock assembly will likely need to be replaced. If you remove the top from the machine, you will be able to access it. You may also remove the rubber door boot from around the opening after the door is opened and fold it back into itself. The door lock should be held in place with a couple screws and the wiring connections will just unplug and plug in. Please let me know if you have additional questions or need clarification. There is no additional charge for any follow up help! Please remember to rate before you leave, using the stars at the top of the page. If you have any other questions, please let me know! You may continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need, even after rating my service. Thank you!