Dales-Electronic
Dales-Electronic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.
26760916

I have a NEFF built in dishwasher S5443X2GB/42 which

Customer Question

Hello, I have a NEFF built in dishwasher S5443X2GB/42 which is not powering up at all. The fuse is OK. I suspect the power switch etc on the edge of the door but would welcome your thoughts.
Expert:  Dales-Electronic replied 1 year ago.
Copy and paste the following link into your browser - http://www.neff.co.uk/store/sparepart/finder/detail/S5443X2GB/42#/tab=spare-section-3 go to spare parts and illustrated diagrams then page 1. first place I would start is to check out items - 165886 on/off switch and 187205 door latch switch. - Ian
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks Ian, I will have a look at the on/off switch. I can't see the door latch is a suspect right now. It just seems to be an interlock device and it does not matter what the machine setting is. Having said that, I am just an amateur, what do I know?
It there a way I could bypass the switch mechanism just for the purposes of isolating the problem?
Borrow a multimeter and test the switch out on beeper, you bypass the switch and get it wrong and you blow up the module - does the display light at all ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for the heads up. I dont want to blow anything up. As for display, it consists of 3 LEDs that's all. I can't use the phone option right now because it may disturb the household. I have a multimeter so I will give your suggestion a shot and contact you again with the results. There is always the possibility that the missus will want a new machine. This one is at least 14yrs old.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I just thought I would mention that up to now I am impressed with the service you have provided. Steve
Well if its 14 years old it should be good for another ten, for sure if you buy a new one it wont last anywhere as near as that - come back to me if you need further advice. In the meantime would you kindly rate the service sofar, once done you can call me at anytime and we can go further if needed. Thanks for the recommend and for using JA and have a great day - Ian.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I managed to identify that the on/off switch is working. I used a live current detector which gave a clear audible indication when the switch was operated. Sadly that leaves just one other culprit, the circuit board and at £185 and change it has forced a 'write off'. I have been a 'Which' member for years and feel confident that they will keep me right on choosing a replacement. It may or may not be NEFF but I bet we buy German !!. Cheers ***** ***** the best to you, Steve
OK did you check the microswitch that is part of the door catch assembly? Secondly be aware that the pcb's on these Neff appliances are repairable if you know where to go - come back to me if you need further help - Ian
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Ian, we decided to consign the NEFF to posterity. A Bosch will be here tomorrow to take up duty. Thanks for your thoughts. Don't take this personally but I rather hope that I will not need your services for some considerable time.
I feel abit like an undertaker - always the purveyor of bad news (laughs) Take care and enjoy the Bosch