George-Allsorts
George-Allsorts, Senior Appliance Technicial Manager
Experience:  A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
19471162

My Bosh hob has cut out and is showing L when i press the connection

my Bosh hob has cut out and is showing L when i press the connection button how do i reset it?
Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 10 months ago.
Hello Rose, my name is***** you tell me the full ENR of the appliance.. this can usually be found on the surround of the oven door opening
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Zanussi built-in oven
Ok, it says Bosh Hob on the question, but that's ok... Can you open the oven door and look for the label by the oven.. The label will have a Model and a PNC on it.. can you tell me what they are please
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Hi George i cannot see anything inside the oven door
Oh... Is it possible that you can photograph the oven from and post it for me that I might recognise the model?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
the model number is *****
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Hello are you still there
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
it is the hob that has lost its memory and needs to be reset
Can you tell me if it is the hob of the oven that you are chatting about?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
i thought i had said at the start it is the hob sorry
Yes, but then you said it is a Zanussi built-in oven
So it is the HOB that is the problem.. yes?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
OK I got confused Yes its the Hob when i press the (select) it lights up with L and then go`s out
Ok.. The actual problem you have is that the Childlock has been set on the hob.. The problem we have now is trying to identify the hob to enable you to unlock it... Do you have the original instruction manual for the hob?.Please take the time to rate my assistance using the stars provided, as it is the only way I get credited for responding to you.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
No i am sorry i have only got one sheet of paper as i bought the cooker with the house
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
the instructions on the paper are just basic start guide
Can you take a photo of the hob, that I may attempt to identify for you.. I must go out on call now, but will be back shortly to continue with your problem..Now that the problem has been identified, please take the time to rate my assistance using the stars provided, as it is the only way I get credited for responding to you.
Experience: A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
i am sorry i do not have a copier to send or download
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
thank you for your time i will have to get a engineer out to it