Rob
Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs. experience with a major worldwide manufacturer.
14831508

The soap dispenser opens, but the detergent pouch does not

Customer Question

The soap dispenser opens, but the detergent pouch does not rupture. The pouch is found intact at the bottom of the machine after a wash.
Expert:  Dales-Electronic replied 1 year ago.
OK what temperature wash were you using and did the appliance heat the water?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I tried it on 40 degrees (the one I normally use) and 45 degrees.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes, the appliance heated the water.
OK if you start it on a program and when it starts to spray the water - open the door carefully and tell me if there is enough water om the base. You should have about 6mm across the base of the wash cavity.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes, there appears to be enough water in the base.
OK next test, when next you put the dishwasher on put the liqitab in the actual cutlery basket in one of the slots and then come back and tell me if it dissolved this time?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes it dissolves when I put it in the cutlery basket.
OK excellent, what tends to happen with these is that you put them into the dispenser which is still damp, the actual makeup of the plastic sachet when touched with this damp causes them to 'stick' inside the dispenser until the final stage of the cycle which is heating to dry the dishes. At this point the sachet drops out and lays on the base. From my experience, and I use Fairy here, is that they work better if just dropped in the cutlery basket. Your only other option is to make sure you dry the dispenser everytime you use it - Ian