Dales-Electronic
Dales-Electronic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.
26760916

I have (had!) a Servis tumble dryer M2700 which sent a duvet

I have (had!) a Servis tumble dryer M2700 which sent a duvet up in smoke and flames. Is this a known fault or did we do something wrong?
Nigel.
Expert:  Dales-Electronic replied 1 year ago.
Not a known fault and a very good tumble dryer one of the best in fact. However, you should never have put a duvet into this size of tumble dryer. What happens is that the through flow of air is restricted by the bulk of the duvet and causes the duvet to be pushed to the rear internal vent of the dryer. As the temperature increases because the airflow is restricted so the duvet smoulders and then usually catches fire. Its a big no-no and duvets should always be taken to the dry cleaners. As an engineer of 25 years take heart, I've done it too but only once !! Would you now kindly rate the information given by selecting from the star rating system at the top of the page. Thank you for using JA and have a great day - Ian
Do you require further assistance? If not would you kindly rate the information provided - thank you.