Daniel
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

My AEG 8038m coffee machine starts dispensing ground coffee

My AEG 8038m coffee machine starts dispensing ground coffee in an unsuspected time with me touching nothing
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am sending you the label of the machine
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.
Hi Ok so the fault you have with this is when its turned on and you dont touch anything at all it dispenses just the ground coffee only.Does it not do it with the water? Regards
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No. Only with the ground coffee... It starts grinding coffee
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.
Thanis for that. For this fault its either someting to do with the push switch for the coffee grinder or its a faulty control unit in there. What you need to do is unplug the coffee machine and then inspect the switch which you press with the filter holder when dispensing the coffee beans. If you have a tooth pick or something like this run that around the push switch as sometimes what can happen is bits of coffee can get stuck in there and can sometimes activate the switch on its own and cause this fault. Once you have cleared it press it with your finger and you should feel it click sort of as you press and release it. If it does this fine then the switch is will be fine. So then retry it and see how it goes from there. Fingers crossed thats sorted it. But if its still doing it after that and the switch is free then all it can be is a faulty control board causing this and for that it will need to be replaced to cure it. But just check the switch first and see what you find. Regards
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok thank you. I'll see what I can do!
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.
No worries, Hopefully you can sort it.