George-Allsorts
George-Allsorts, Senior Appliance Technicial Manager
Experience:  A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
19471162

I want to change my RW Wallcharm XX fire back to using natural

I want to change my RW Wallcharm XX fire back to using natural gas from propane. The original injector RW N9 has been lost, I need a replacement. The Wallcharm is now obsolete, but works well. Please tell me where I can find a new injector, or failing this, the bore diameter of the injector in order to modify the existing one.
Thank you, ***** *****e.
Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 1 year ago.
Hello John, my name is***** on the appliance will be a rating plate.. Can you provide me with all the information from the rating plate please. regards
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi George, My fire is fitted to my house in Spain, I am here in the UK for 2 weeks on holiday. I do have all the original documents with me, so perhaps they contain the info that you need. The fire is a WarmplanXX Auto G.C. No. 35 694 56 , and it was supplied by AllGas Fires (NW) Safety services Ltd., Rishton, BB1 4JZ. October 2003.Customer No.7166Z73, part No.124 103 from Plumb Centre.
The user instructions specify:- for use in GB & I.E. CAT 1 2h AT 20 mbar. CAT 1 3 AT 28mbar, or 37mbar.p
Specification:- Input = 3.75kW (12/800 Btu/h). Output = 3.00kW (10/200Bth/h)
Gas supply pressure:- Burner pressure Injector
Natural gas ( 20mbar). 8 in WG. 19.6 +\-1 mbar (7.8 +\- 0.4in WG). Robinson Willey No. N9
Butane(28mbar) (11.2in WG ). 27.5 mbar(11 inWg) Robinson Willey No. LP5
Propane (37 mbar) (14.8 in WG). 36.5 mbar(14.6 inWg). Robinson Willey No. LP5
Although I ordered the fire to be fitted for propane, it was delivered to me with the injector for natural gas. The local gas fitter changed the injector to suit propane, but the original injector has been lost. I know that the injector for natural gas has a larger bore diameter than for propane, so if you can give me this dimension I can have the present injector modified to suit.
Thanks for your attention, ***** *****e.
Hi john, thanks for the info.. Do you have the opponent sizes that are used for Natural Gas? I am out of the office at the moment and will respond to your query or you phone call request on my return
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi, sorry but I do not understand your term"opponent sizes". As far as I can remember the fitter did a straight substitution with the injectors, there being no other extra parts to exchange.
Do you consider other parts will also need to be changed? If so, please also advise what they are and where available.
As a last resort, I can buy a replacement gas fire if you can recommend one that also is equipped with a timer.Thanks, John.
I have looked for the part and a potential replacement and have found nothing.. I will contact the manufacturer for you tomorrow to see if they have any, or any replacement possibilities.
Meanwhile.. here is the Installation Guide for the appliance.. This has a section on page 8 relating to the changing over from/to Natural Gas/Propane.. It also has a parts list.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for the PDF, but I already have it and printed out when I began my search weeks ago. I really need the bore diameter of the natural gas injector. I can do the rest! Regards, John.
Just to update you John.. The Manufacturer is making an inquiry with the factory to ascertain any technical information relating to the jet/injector. They will come back to me in due course.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
George, I have an Internet problem. I cannot open your last post, my iPad reports "Server cannot be found. " You are using a different server, i,e, "justanswer.co.uk/http". This is with "my.justanswer.co.uk"Hope. You can understand this. Regards John.
Hello John, I have heard back from the manufacturer.. but unfortunately it is not good news. The manufacturer has confirmed what we already knew; that they are out of stock of the part and that the item is obsolete.. Notwithstanding this, they have unfortunately stated that they have no technical information on the product since the product was discontinued when they took over the originator. They manufacturer have stated that the part number is ***** but that you should be looking for the following part number PS998483. The manufacturer have given me the following list of stockists for you to try to see if they have any leftover stock: Parts Centerwww.partscenter.co.ukTel: 0845(###) ###-####irect Heating Spareswww.dhsspares.co.ukTel: 0844(###) ###-####ity Heating Spareswww.cityheatingspares.co.ukTel: 0844(###) ###-####rahamswww.graham-group.co.ukTel: 02476 252 348Gas Appliance Spareswww.gas-spares.co.ukTel: 01772 702755
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi George, Thanks for your reply. Not the answer that I really wanted, but I appreciate the effort that you gave to my request. I will try contacting the list of suppliers that you sent, but I am not optimistic about the result. Just one more thing though before I quit, have you any idea where I can buy a replacement for my fire that is wall mounted, burns natural gas, and is equipped with a timer?
Thanks, John.
I shall make enquiries with the manufacturer of the current appliance for you, to see if they have a direct replacement
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi George, thanks for all your work. I can't understand how Robinson Willey can boast in their advertising that they will keep spares for their products, and then abandon mine. I suspect that they bought out another company who produced my fire, together with the existing stock, then sold it under the R W banner without the spares backup.
I chose the Wallcharm because it has a timer ignition control, allowing me to use it as a central heating system for my small house in Spain. I can continue using it with bottled gas, with the associated inconvenience of changing bottles, but now that I have natural gas in my house for cooking it would be better to change the fire also.If you can find me a replacement fire with outo ignition I will happily replace it.Best Wishes, thank you very much, John Clarke.
Just to update you.. Still awaiting a response from the manufacturers