Plumberpro
Plumberpro, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Heating and hot water heating appliances experienced
77408428

How can I re-pressurise my Glow Worm boiler which heats my

How can I re-pressurise my Glow Worm boiler which heats my outside pool?
Expert:  Plumberpro replied 1 year ago.
Hi . There Wil be a filling loop, usually on the pipework beneath the boiler on the pipe work , with one or two taps on the end . Open these and til to sbround 1.2 bar .I'd you Google to!long loop on images you will see what they look like.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I take it I just attach a hose to the filling loop and turn on my tap and watch the screen until it reaches 1.2 bar?
Expert:  Plumberpro replied 1 year ago.
Hi , no . The filling loop is attached to the heating pipework via the mains. It should just be a matter of opening the tap/taps at each end to release water from the Mains into the boiler. This is assuming you have a combi or system boiler. Some boilers have an inbuilt filling loop. If you let me have your boiler model I can confirm this
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My Glow worm is a stand alone boiler. I have problems refilling with a garden hose.
Expert:  Plumberpro replied 1 year ago.
Hi , do you know if is a combination boiler, a pressurised system boiler or a conventional boiler with a header tank? Could you give me the model?, thanks