Dales-Electronic
Dales-Electronic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.
26760916

My Thetford fridge trips the electrics out in the caravan as

My Thetford fridge trips the electrics out in the caravan as soon as I select the plug sign on the control knob
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have bought a new element but not fitted yet as I have been told it may be a power board fault
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
***@******.***
Expert:  Dales-Electronic replied 1 year ago.
OK the first thing that I would do is disconnect both the AC heater element and see if that stops the problem.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is the AC heater on the electric side or gas
If I disconnect the element and it is the fault will I then be able to switch the control knob over to mains sign and if it will blow the fuse are you saying that this will be the fault .
OK let me explain the main power board controls the electric to all three heaters ie gas, DC electric and AC electric. If you disconnect the power to the AC element at the back and then it doesnt trip the electric (when switched back on) then we can be fairly sure that it is the element. If on the other hand once disconnected it still blows the power board then that is where we look. Its an elimination game.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ah cool I understand that's great thank you for the info it's a great help ūüĎć
Great, would you now kindly rate the information given sofar, once done you can come back later and ask further questions on a free of charge basis until we resolve the problem. The star rating system is at the top of the page. Thank you for using JA and have a great day.