Daniel
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

My Hotpoint CIB644CE INDUCTION HOB won't switch on I have

Customer Question

Hi my Hotpoint CIB644CE INDUCTION HOB won't switch on I have checked the connection and fuses etc but everything is fine The power go straight to the touch control panel but nothing happens when i press the ON botton
Can u help me?
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.
Hi How old is the hob?Is this a new install? Regards
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I bought for spare and repair but it's new condition and how i see was installed but not used. I think is a quite new model
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.
Ok i take it the hob is wired up correctly? As if you have a 3 core wiring then there will be U clips you use to connect the therminals up. As on this 1,2,3 will be live4 and 5 is the neutral feed. So there should be the U clamp between 1 and 2 and then 2 and 3.Then the same between 4 and 5 on the neutral side. If the hob is wired up correctly but theres still nothing comming on then you need to remove the glass top and check the wiring connections between the power board and the touch control board. If thats all fine then im afraid this is more then likely the main power. As to be honest with these induction hobs thats all that ever fails on these. Ive replaced loads of them in the past for faults like this. So if the above is all fine then its more then likely the main power board at fault on this im afraid. Regards
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Which is the main power board the small or the big panel
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I mean please have a look on this page and please let me know which is the part what I need
Many Thanks
https://www.ebay.co.uk/ulk/itm/361132936301
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.
It's the bigger board that's the main power board on this as the small one is just the radio interface board.But the main power board is very expensive. You are looking at about the £190 just for the part.So not sure if you know but Hotpoint actually do a fixed price repair for all appliances out of warranty for £110 all in. So for this price they will call out and replace the board themselves and get it working for you cheaper then you getting he board yourself on this. So that's an option as it's cheaper then buying and replacing the part yourself on this.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi again
I have changed the main board and still nothing The pover go to one side the power panel bot nothing on the other side i meant the black and blue ok the brown and blue dead no electricity and the hob still not working
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.
Ok looking at the smaller board at the top you will see the live and neutral feed into the board on the blue and black wires.Do you have 240v on the feed in on TB1 on the small filter board?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The TB1 backside looking like this have a look I think have to change this panel to
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.
Yes thats blown and will need to be replaced. Replace that and let me know how it goes.