George-Allsorts
George-Allsorts, Senior Appliance Technicial Manager
Experience:  A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
19471162

My whites are turning progressively brown. I use an eco

My whites are turning progressively brown. I use an eco egg only, no fabric softeners. I have a Bosch top loader washing machine that is 13 yrs old. Can you help please?
Sheila
Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 1 year ago.
Can you tell me the model number of the appliance.. This can be found on the rating plate somewhere on the appliance. Can you also tell me how often you do a service wash? Please be patient as I am on call, so will be in and out, sometimes out for hours at a time, and therefore may not be able to answer you immediately.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi George,
It is a Bosch WOP2400. I don't know anything about service washes!!
Sheila
Thanks for that Sheila, A service wash is a wash that is completed normally twice a year. During a service wash, no laundry is placed into the appliance and the appliance is placed onto the highest temperature and the longest program. This is to clean the parts of the appliance that you can not see. It may also be advisable in that case to check the filter of the appliance. Access to this is behind the kick-panel at the bottom front of the appliance, but will also be shown in your user handbook.
Did you find the filter access Sheila?
If you need any further assistance Sheila.. please feel free to ask. Alternatively; please take the time to rate my assistance using the stars provided, as it is the only way I get credited for responding to you.