Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

Miele washing machine - error message says start not possi

Customer Question

miele washing machine - error message says start not possible?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My phone number is ***** 432230
the washing machine make and model is Miele WHF120
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can I have a refund of my deposit? No one has called me or emailed me within the time specified and I am not happy! Please cancel the query.
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Hi, I am Tech Michael an expert in this field and I will be assisting you today. I am a Master Technician that's dedicated to giving you the best Answer possible.If you are new to the site, this is briefly how it works:1. We may need some back and forth to exchange information (if needed) and there is no extra cost for replying.2. I will give you the best possible Answer for your problem without the ability of actually being present with you.The better you describe the problem, the quicker I can help ;-)3. Remember to leave a Positive Rating ,it doesn't cost anything additional to rate kindly;-)I am only credited for my time and expertise if you rate kindly.If you would like a phone call so we can discuss this issue and its solution pleas accept the offer I will send to you now. Thank youTech Michael
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My phone number is
0207(###) ###-####07931432230
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What is your advise/solution?
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Hi ,Do you have the user manual for this machine,?Its likely the child safety is locked in the ON position. Remedy The display is dark and the indicator lights for the program buttons do not come on. There is no power to the washer. Check whether: – the cord is plugged in. – the circuit breaker has tripped. Immediately after the program start the washer cancels the program. The "child entrapment sensor" has triggered.  Open the drum door.  Check the drum.  Restart the program. Although there is power to the washer, the program will not start. The drum door is not properly closed and the lock can not engage.  Open the drum door.  Re-close it.
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Hi ,Do you have the user manual for this machine,?Its likely the child safety is locked in the ON position. Remedy The display is dark and the indicator lights for the program buttons do not come on. There is no power to the washer. Check whether: – the cord is plugged in. – the circuit breaker has tripped. Immediately after the program start the washer cancels the program. The "child entrapment sensor" has triggered.  Open the drum door.  Check the drum.  Restart the program. Although there is power to the washer, the program will not start. The drum door is not properly closed and the lock can not engage.  Open the drum door.  Re-close it.It could be a bad door switch as well,In any case, I will stick with you until this is complete.Please rate my service thus far.Also it is the only way I am credited for my time and expertise with you.Once you rate, I will be notified and will add your question to my priority list so you can reach me anytime until this problem is solved.Then you can reach me by simply replying to this message anytime.Thank youSincerelyTech Michael
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Please see this link:http://www.mieleusa.com/manuals_pdf/Residential/Washers/W4842_us.pdf Look under the chapter USING the WASHER to clear the child lock;-)
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Please let me know how that goes?In any case, I will stick with you until this is complete.Please rate my service thus far.Also it is the only way I am credited for my time and expertise with you.Once you rate, I will be notified and will add your question to my priority list so you can reach me anytime until this problem is solved.Then you can reach me by simply replying to this message anytime.Thank youSincerelyTech Michael
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The is no instruction as to how to remove the child lock, if that's the problem? I have downloaded the operating manual for my model WMF 120 and in that there is no information about child lock!
Unfortunately the manual you sent me was for the wrong model!
Please help!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have checked the drum door and that not the problem, is there any way I can restore the setting back to the original factory settings?
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Hi, Sorry about that.To get a free copy of this manual please visit: Miele Domestic: 0330(###) ###-####arranty Sales: 0330(###) ###-####lease note, lines are closed during Bank Holidays.Calls may be recorded for training purposesEmail:***@******.*** Customer Service opening hours:Monday - Friday8:00 am - 6:00 pmSaturday 9:00am-2:00pm Please let me know if you need anything further?Thank you ;-)Tech Michael
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Okay thank you I will request a copy when I get a minute! In the mean time what do I do? what is your solution ? Pls advise
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
On this particular machine the only advise to turn that of, is to press and hold the power button in for up to 20 seconds. If that doesn't solve the problem, then the likley issue is the door interlock.If that turns out to be the case the best place to get that door lock is : http://www.buyspares.co.uk/I will help you replace that part if the door is out of child safety mode.Please rate kindly so I can stick with you no additional cost for that.Thank you Tech Michael
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no that sis not work I was holding it for 20 seconds, also the language changes to spanish even though i change it back to english each time the power button is turned off and on? why would that be?
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Tanks for that. This woudl indicate along with the machine not staring and having the error that the main control board is the fault. This part will fix all of the issues you are experiencing. Its easy to replace if you are handy and I will assist you if you need me when you have the control board.The best place to get a new control board is: http://www.espares.co.uk/ Its best to call them to order that part also they ship the same day you call:-)Sales0844 9777 888After sales0333 4007 888Monday to Friday 9am to 5:30pm, Closed Saturday, Sunday and Bank Holidays.For security and training purposes, telephone calls may be recorded or monitored.Outside the UK? Call us on: +44 (0) 20 7717 5046.I will stick with you until this is complete.Please rate my service thus far.Also it is the only way I am credited for my time and expertise with you.Once you rate, I will be notified and will add your question to my priority list so you can reach me anytime until this problem is solved.Then you can reach me by simply replying to this message anytime.Thank youSincerelyTech Michael
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I dont think I can replace the control board!!! I will have to get a Miele technician for that! As my problem has not been resolved do I get a refund? I paid an extra £11 for phone calls as well, which I guess should be refunded!!
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Hi, if you will rate kindly as I advised you correctly, I will send this to customer service for refund processing.Thank youTech Michael