George-Allsorts
George-Allsorts, Senior Appliance Technicial Manager
Experience:  A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
19471162

Belling CountryChef 100DF Fan oven failed. Fan, element,

Belling CountryChef 100DF
Fan oven failed. Fan, element, thermostat and oven function selector switch all replaced.
Traced fault to a (sleeved) component in the wire running from mains intake to oven function selector switch. This component is open circuit.
Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 1 year ago.
Hello Richard, my name is***** you have given is the Model, can you tell me the Model Number & Serial Number of the appliance please. This will be on a label stuck on the inside of the door on the surround of one of the Oven or Grill cavities.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi George. The model is Belling CountryChef 100DF ANT. 00465 80802465444445948
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
This was on the rear. There are no other serial numbers
Thanks Richard.. That is what I needed.. Give me a moment please
Is it on the brown wire?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Brown wire with white stripe, in a sleeve about 20cms from mains intake distribution block
The component is a safety Thermal Overload Cut-out or more commonly known as a TOC. Can you slide back the sleeving and give me the value written on the side of the device
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sadly nothing readable, even under magnifying glass. Can't believe not a standard component?
Give me a moment please
Richard, does the fuse have any readable numbers whatsoever? ie. 223 or 184, or 154
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Nothing readable. Its about 4 mm in diameter, 9mm long with a 2.5mm red tapered end
Is this it?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
That's the boy! Thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What is the part number and from where do I buy please?
It is a Thermal Fuse.. The part number is###-##-####and it is made for various cookers. http://www.spares4appliances.co.uk/cooker-spare-parts-c3/thermostats-c4/leisure-oven-thermal-fuse-cut-out-cable-p21214 If you are buying from the link I have given you, discount is available:To get discount, when you get to the Checkout page.. To the left of the 'Pay by Card' button there is a link to allow you to enter a discount code.. Click on it and enter the discount code __ id1975 __ to get a discount