Daniel T.
Daniel T., Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

I have a AEG L75480WD_WH washer dryer about 2 years old, showing

I have a AEG L75480WD_WH washer dryer about 2 years old, showing error E10, it fills up, then beeps with the error, then the locking mechanism does not work, the door can therefore be opened even though the thing is filled with water (yes I opened it...)... it still drains fine though on a spin and drain cycle
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 1 year ago.
Hi Lets see what the full error code is.Turn it to a spin cycle and start it.Then press and hold the start button and the button to the left of it.Keep them both held in and after a few seconds the error code should come up E?? Let me know the code. Regards
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
model number L75480WD Type FLI064HM2 if that helps, will try that now
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
E11
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 1 year ago.
Thanks, ***** ***** a stright forward filling issue on this. As you say it start to fill up and then error codes out then it can be number of things causing this fault. It can be either poor water pressure, the inlet valve as theres 2 coils on there, The pressure hose, pressure switch, wiring or the control board. Now if you are handy at repairs i do have the service manual on this which shows the test cycles and how to check the other parts thast involved in the E11 fault. If you want this then let me know and i can up load it for you. But if not then you need to remove the top of the washer and at the back you will see the water inlet valve. On there are 3 coils, One is for the dryer which is normally green. You need a multi meter and test each coil. They should read about 3.6K ohms each. If any are faulty then you need to replace the water inlet valve. If thats all ok then you need to check the pressure switch and hoses. Check the rubber pressure hose and check for signs of rubbing as it can put a hole in there and this causes this fault. So check the out as thats what can cause the E11 fault code as its not filling with enough water. But if you want the service manual let me know and i will up load it for you. Regards
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for that, would be grateful for the service manual just in case although not handy at repairs per say. Will take top off tomorrow and look at it then cheers
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 1 year ago.
Ok ive just up loaded it for you so click the link below and then follow the instructions and download it from there. Then have a look and see what you find. It may help or it may not as its designed to aid service engineers that know a bit about repairs but have a look anyway and see what you find. Click here
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
green coil is 5.16 - the others black 3.6 and 3.68
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Does that mean it is faulty? What should be done? The problem did initially start during a drying cycle
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 1 year ago.
The green coil is the dryer coil and is quite high. Does the fault only happen on the dryer side or is it doing it on wash as well?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It happens on wash as well. I think it started on a drying cycle in that I set it up as drying and then the error came up and my clothes were soaked instead of dry. I spinned them and got them out (it was only a few things). Then I ran a test wash after cleaning the filter to see and the error was there. The drum was full of water and the locking mechanism did not work (ie the error came up, I switched the machine off and was able to open the drum and flooded the place a bit...).
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 1 year ago.
Ok did you get the service manual and have a look?As in there is a test cycle were you can test the water valves there. If not then its turn the dial to off.Press and hold the start button and the button to the left of it again.Keep them held in and turn the dial 1 click clockwise.Keep the buttons held in till the lights flash then let go.Now turn the dial 1 click clockwise and it should fill.Then turn 1 click clockwise again and it should fill again.Then turn another click and again it should fill.Turn again and noe the dryer valve will come on.Turn again and it may fill up if so leave it and see how much water goes in.Then turn again untill it drains the water which is about 2 or 3 turns.Thn just turn the washer off then on then back off again. See what happens when you do the above and let me know.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The service manual is too complicated for us :) There is no 'off' on the dial, there is a dial and a little light and it goes through all the various washes/drying function. This does not seem to work...
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 1 year ago.
Ok in that case you have the new version of this model which is a bit more trickey and involved in getting into test mode. If you cannot make it out from the manual then it will be harder for me to explane on line im afraid. As you have the E10 still and the water valves are fine from the readings you gave me then its either the pressure switch, pressure hose or control unit. To be totally honest with you i think youu will be best getting an engineer in as these washers are not the easyist to fix yourself if your not that handy at diy repairs as its all electronics and you dont really want to guess at the fault as it can be expensive. Now if you give AEG themselfs a bell they do a repair plan for faulty washers already and thats about £16 roughly a month as you pay monthly and it covers the first repair and then a full 12 month on the whole appliance so its not that bad. As if it is a faulty control board then this is cheaper then you actually buying the part yourself as well. Sorry its not looking like an easy fix but you have done all the basic checks you can do on this.
Daniel T., Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.