Dales-Electronic
Dales-Electronic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.
26760916

Good morning!I have a problem with my Bosh dishwasher.The display

Customer Question

Good morning!I have a problem with my Bosh dishwasher.The display shows 0:03 and there is still water in the bottom of the diswasher!We cleaned the filters and checked for blockages but it still does the same!Any advise please?
Expert:  Dales-Electronic replied 7 months ago.
OK cancel the program, now pour with the appliance empty of dishes a kettle full of boiling water into the sump/filter area. Leave for about 5 minutes and then start a program. Tell me if it now pumps the water out or if you can just hear a gentle humming?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Poured the boiling water in ,pressed the on button And the display showed 0:03,pressed start and it just started washing ,sounds like normal when you hear water moving around in the dishwasher .
OK can you cancel the program completely?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I could not cancel the program but it just finished and water not drained away
OK can you give me the ENr of you model, its is laser etched in the top of the stainless steel door it ends with oblique stroke followed by two numbers eg /03
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
SMV65M00GB/35
OK decision stage - to find out whats wrong we need to remove the drain pump and see why it is not working. This will mean removing the appliance from its housing tipping it backwards and removing the drainpump from the base. Are you willing to try this?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Yes sure, I will get rid of the water first
OK and you will need a Torx 20 screwdriver too
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Got the dishwasher out ,tipped on the back ,so I undo the skrews on the bottom from inside?
Nope - copy and paste this link into your browser - http://www.bosch-home.co.uk/store/spareparts/Dishwasher60cmActiveWater/SMV65M00GB/35 then go to parts and illustrations, then page 3 firstly remove part 0330 from below the door then come back to me
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Ok,done
Now go to page 4 the pump is item 0405, you need to depress a locking tab and turn it and it will come off, its held in place by three sets of grooves. When you have that done come back to me
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I think I have done it,barely small thing with 3 blue wires attached!?
Looks like this -- http://www.bosch-home.co.uk/store/product/Pumpdrain/00620774 --
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Ok ,done
OK you should now have enough cable to hang the pump outside of the case, taking care here to not short out any of the cables to the cabinet, put the appliance on a program and start it off - for the first few second the pump should spin just after start? Then switch it off
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Yes it spins
OK did you find any debris in the drain pump housing?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
No
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
We normally rinse before stacking it
OK put it back together but make sure that the seal on the pump is in the correct place and it has not come off. Then come back to me
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Ok done
OK now stand it upright and pour a kettle of boiling water into the appliance sump area (filters removed) leave it a couple of minutes and then set a program and tell me if it pumps out?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
If I put the flexi waste pipe higher up in the waste pipe than it does not pump water out but if I pull it out lover it it does in bucket
OK what you must do is establish if the pump pumps water into the bucket at high speed or whether its syphoning out. The pump should pump to a hight of about 1 metre without any difficulty. Just feel the pump casing and see if you can feel the impeller spinning inside ?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
No it is not pumping like you described !
OK do you have a multimeter or can you borrow one?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Got one from neighbours,not used one before
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
It is an old school one ,what settings it should be on?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I think I cracked the manual but will need guidance
OK what make and model have you got
If you can give me the make and model of the multimeter we can proceed further - Ian
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Micronta 22-203c
Oh and oldie but goodie - you need to have you probes connected so that they can be used on Volts AC. Select the range on the dial covering Volts AC which may be say 500 volts AC or even 300 volts AC but not below 250 volts AC. When you have this in place come back to me.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Just before I go any further ,how much is this going to cost me?
The engineers on here get paid a fixed rate per call, unless you ask for extra services I can't give you a figure I have no idea but it shouldnt increase from the original amount.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Ok,range set to 300 v AC
OK disconnect the two cables to the pump and then plug one of the multimeter probes into each cable - once you have done this start up the appliance and confirm that the meter reading is a steady voltage between 220-240 volts AC
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
There are 3 wires connected to a small plastic block which slots in to the pump!
OK but if you look at the end of the block ie the piece that goes into the pump there are only two - one probe in each.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
There are 3 holes on top of that plastic block above the cables ,2 of them are closer to each other ,do I put the probes in those two?
Can you send me a picture of the connector please.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
..
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Can you see the pictures?
Sorry problems with the server at the mo - can you tell me the colour of the cables please
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Purple
OK all three are purple?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Yes
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Yes they are all purple!
Expert:  Dales-Electronic replied 6 months ago.
Ok leave it with me
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Good evening. I have to admit, I am surprised that you have reminded me to rate you when this is not resolved....you were looking into my three purple wires-I still have a dishwasher that is not draining! How can I possibly rate you? Thanks