Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

I have a aeg lavamat 11842 VIT. It sometimes has a problem

I have a aeg lavamat 11842 VIT. It sometimes has a problem switching on. I turn the power on at the wall and it usually pings and lights up immediately. But, sometimes (about 1 in 5 recently) it does not ping and no lights come on. Turning off/on makes no difference. Leaving it turned on at the wall it will eventually ping and turn on. Sometimes in a minute, sometimes in 5/10 minutes.
Any ideas?
Regards, Sandy
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Hi Sandy , I am Tech Michael an expert in this field and I will be assisting you today. I am a Master Technician that's dedicated to giving you the best Answer possible.If you are new to the site, this is briefly how it works:1. We may need some back and forth to exchange information (if needed) and there is no extra cost for replying.2. I will give you the best possible Answer for your problem without the ability of actually being present with you.The better you describe the problem, the quicker I can help ;-)3. Remember to leave a Positive Rating ,it doesn't cost anything additional to rate kindly;-)I am only credited for my time and expertise if you rate kindly. Thank you Sandy ;-)Tech Michael
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Michael,OK - I already gave details of the problem. I assume you can see that?Sandy
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Hi Sandy I just needed to be sure. This one unfortunately has a failing main control board.Its easy to change out and I will help you all the way.All that is required are a few basic hand tools and I recommend taking a pic of the wiring plugs so you have no trouble knowing where the wiring plugs go back ;-)The best place to get a new main control is : http://www.espares.co.uk/Its bet to call them for this order, and they usually ship the same day you call ;-)Sales0844 9777 888After sales0333 4007 888Monday to Friday 9am to 5:30pm, Closed Saturday, Sunday and Bank Holidays.For security and training purposes, telephone calls may be recorded or monitored.Outside the UK? Call us on: +44 (0) 20 7717 5046.In any case, I will stick with you until this is complete.Please rate my service thus far.Also it is the only way I am credited for my time and expertise with you.Once you rate, I will be notified and will add your question to my priority list so you can reach me anytime until this problem is solved.Then you can reach me by simply replying to this message anytime.Thank youSincerelyTech Michael
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Michael,Thanks - not good though.I am leaving next week and have lots to do. I will not have time to do the work. Also a quick look shows that the boards are expensive.I will think on it and may get back to you.Thanks so far will rate good.Regards, Sandy