Dales-Electronic
Dales-Electronic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.
26760916

I have very recently had a Bosch microwave/oven combo installed

I have very recently had a Bosch microwave/oven combo installed and the microwave function has now started making a loud noise whilst being used
Expert:  Dales-Electronic replied 1 year ago.
OK is this from new and how old is it?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It was purchased around 4 months ago and was fine at first, this has just started around a week or so ago. Model HBC84501B
OK microwave units by there design tent to generate vibration because of the high voltage transformers that are part of there make up. If you are unhappy with this new noise I would go back to Bosch and get them to come out and check it. No point in taking it to bits whilst it is still under their warrantly. If its in an enclosure just check that its not vibrating against anything which is transferring the noise - Ian
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It doesn't appear to be knocking against anything. I can't understand why it has only just started happening when it was fine at first.
Welcome to my world - the transformers are made up of plates of steel that are layered together sometimes they just become loose. Alternatively if the hight voltage diode (also part of the microwave system) starts to fail it causes this too. Even a loose mounting bolt. However its not you problem its the responsibilty of Bosch to clear.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok looks like I'll have to contact them to sort it out.
Your issue is that if you start taking it apart then Bosch will cancel your warranty - I'm an engineer and have a Bosch fridge/freezer which broke down last week. I could have fixed it, I even knew what the problem was but I didn't, they sent an engineer around and once he completed the job he gave me a further years warranty. Jobs a good 'unWould you now kindly rate the information given by selecting from the star rating system at the top of the page, once done if you have further questions do come back to me. Thank you for using JA and have a good evening - Ian