Daniel
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

I have a Siemens dishwasher that would not start a cycle.

Hi I have a Siemens dishwasher that would not start a cycle. I think the problem is with the door locking mechanism so I pushed the small protruding bit back (not too hard). It made a loud click and now the door won't close securely at all. Is the part broken?
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.
Hi Can you post the model number of the dishwasher please. If you open the door its usually ecthed into the door frame on the top left corner and starts E-nr Regards
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It is SN66M053GB
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for that. I take it the part you pushed back is on the cabinet of the dishwasher and not in the door itself? If so then its not broken its just the catch has flipped back.For this you need to pull the dishwasher half way out from under the unit and then make sure its unpluged and then you will see the door latch there.You will be able to flip the switch back into the correct position from there and that will allow the door to close probbery from there. But as to the dishwasher not starting then this could be a faulty door sensor which is inside the door panel itself. To access this you need to remove the outer door panel and then remove the top control panel and then you can access the door sensor from there and replace it. So try the above and you should be able to reset the door latch unit as it will just have flipped back rather then broken.
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.
Hi Just seeing how you got on with the dishwasher as the question is still open and i havent heard back from you. Do you still need help on this?If not then could you please remember to rate the answer and that will close the question. Many thanks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Daniel, sorry for not getting back before. We haven't managed to pull the dishwasher out (not very handy I know but it looks sealed in place) and therefore haven't yet sorted the problem. I guess I should rate the answer regardless . I'm sure you are right about the issue.
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.
No worries, If you could rate the answer now that would be great. You can still get back to me on this after rating and you wont have to pay again if you reply back on this thread so you can always get back to me when ever you want on this. The dishwasher should come out but the fitters may have built it in tight around there which can make it a bit harder im afraid Many thanks