Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

I have a Bosch kad62s21 about 3 years old. The door open alarm

I have a Bosch kad62s21 about 3 years old. The door open alarm has an intermittent fault. Occasionally the alarm will sound 90 seconds after the door was opened - even if the door has subsequently been closed. Bosch have been out to fix it 8 times. Switches, circuit boards, temp someone and mother board all replaced. Fault survives all these fixes. Any ideas?
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Hi Im sorry to hear that.On this one you have a faulty wire inside the fridge walls.You need to contact Bosch using the info in the user guide or on the warranty card for the fastest service.This is a situation where they will replace the entire fridge for you as those wires are in accessible.They know this happens occasionally and Im kind of surprised the techs didn't tell you that.I wish I had better news for you on this I really do. But you are due a new fridge and Bosch is pretty good about this kind of thing when it happens.In any case, I will stick with you until this is complete.Please rate my service thus far.Also it is the only way I am credited for my time and expertise with you.Once you rate, I will be notified and will add your question to my priority list so you can reach me anytime until this problem is solved.Then you can reach me by simply replying to this message anytime.Thank youSincerelyTech Michael
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
That sounds about right.The latest visit we are being couriered a temp recording device to install in the fridge and we have been given a journal to record the occasions it faults. Seems odd as temp doesn't seem to be the issue - the fridge is out of warranty so I am guessing I'll have to buy a new fridge - I think this one cost nearly £2k - We regularly kill off a washing machine and average two every 3 years so Bosch replace these when they give up - the last one caught fire - but that has always been in warranty and this is a long way out of warranty so I think it'll be me that has to pay!
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Hi yep ;-)Im sure they will exchange it or give you back your money!Please rate kindly before you go.And also please let me know how it all goes with Bosch.Have a wonderful day!Tech Michael