George-Allsorts
George-Allsorts, Senior Appliance Technicial Manager
Experience:  A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
19471162

I have a electrolux EKC5544 and it has just stopped working,

I have a electrolux EKC5544 and it has just stopped working, it was on and blow the electrics and now doesn't work
Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 10 months ago.
Hello Sarah, my name is***** you tell me the PNC of the appliance please. This will be on a label stuck on the inside of the door or on the door opening; if it can't be found there, then look on rear of the appliance.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Product number is###-##-####Serial number is *****
Is this what you mean?
Yes it is Sarah.. However, that product code (948518073) will have an index of either /01, /02, or /03.. ie. (948518073/01) Can you tell me the index of your cooker please
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
There is no other number on the label apart from voltage and wattage .
OK.. So the appliance tripped the electrics... When you turned the electrics back on:did the trip activate again?did the appliance switch on (Lights on the appliance) but the appliance did not work?did the appliance not switch on (No lights on the appliance)?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
The oven is a gas oven with the hob being electric.
I turned the oven on to heat up after about 15 minutes there was a loud noise (which I know believe was the trip switch ) and the electrics went off. I went to the fuse box and put the trip switch back on, everything came back on, except the cooker. The cooker switch on the wall is on, but the ovenue and hob now don't work
Sarah, there are three versions of that cooker model.. All three versions are Electric Only cookers. Are you sure of the model and PNC?Are you sure yours is Gas oven?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I am unable to talk at present
Ok.. when you can Talk/Chat:Please check to see if your oven is Gas or ElectricPlease check the model/PNC of your appliancewe can then continue to diagnose the issue you have
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
My mistake it is an electric oven and hob
Ok thank you, ***** ***** tell me if the clock is illuminated
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
No the clock isn't working
Then the issue is that the thermal cut-out has activated.. This will normally be caused by failure of an element.To rectify the issue, you will need to replace both the thermal cut-out and the element.. This is not a costly process..At this point I must ask you to please take the time to rate my assistance using the stars provided, as it is the only way I get credited for responding to you.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Thank-you
If you wish, and you have a multimeter, I can assist you in testing to find which element has gone and finding a replacement?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I don't have a multimeter
Do you know someone who can assist you in testing..Would you like details of an appliance engineer local to you? If so, let me know your postcode. regardsGeorge
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Can you give me details?
Details of what Sarah?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
A local engineer
I certainly can... but I'll need your postcode to do so. and before continuing, I must ask you to now please take the time to rate my assistance using the stars provided, as it is the only way I get credited for responding to you.
Experience: A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
HP70GL
Here are the details of two Trade Association Engineers Sharley DomesticsThe BarnRadnagePhone: 01494 485926 ARG Services14 Skimmers FieldHigh WycombePhone: 01494 714850 Mobile: 07901 822176
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Thank-you for your help
You are very welcome Sarah