Dales-Electronic
Dales-Electronic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.
26760916

I have a beko as920, just replaced motor and fan at top back

Customer Question

I have a beko as920, just replaced motor and fan at top back of freezer, but red warning light on
Expert:  Dales-Electronic replied 6 months ago.
OK and is the fan functioning now? Secondly what was the original fault that caused the fan change?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
we replaced it as it was noises, the freezer seems cold and fridge is too, so we don't know why the exclamation sign is showing
OK that is just to tell you that the two areas (or one for that mater) are not at the correct temperature. It can take up to 24 hours for the freezer to get down to temperature.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
It's been showing since this time last night
Is there any error codes on the front display?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
No but there are no bars illuminated above the -18 does that mean it's just not cold enough?
have you got any stuff in the freezer?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
No we only got it second hand the other day
OK keep an eye on it until tomorrow and come back to me with your observations
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Hi we have been monitoring the fridge freezer over the last couple of days and the error warning went away for about a day and has reappeared today, so no wiser as to the issue.
OK can you give me the product number its a long number that will be on the rating label inside the fridge and I'll have a look at the service manual for you.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
the only label has the following as920 s/1 bar code(###) ###-####017152
OK I have one of two models with the following -(###) ###-####or(###) ###-####so if you fall across a number starting with 7219 this would be useful. I need you to go around the back and tell me if the motor(comprssor) is hot and the fan next to it is running?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
is the model, I've taken the back off and the motor is running, the big black cylinder is hot EGY 90HLC EMBRACO, I don't think the fridge is getting cold enough and we have it set to 2, we still have error symbol, any suggestions?
If the motor is hot rather than just warm then you have a problem with the quantity of gas in the unit or there is a problem with the compressor. Usually the gas on Bekos. you need to get someone out to have a look at it who is a domestic appliance engineer who can do system work. If you give me your postcode I'll see if I can find someone in your area - Ian
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
its the compressor that is hot
Read compressor for motor (I've got used to calling it a motor as when I normally refer to a compressor most people have no idea what I am talking about) so if the compressor is hot etc
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
you think we need an engineer, nothing we can do ourselves, the freezer and fridge are getting warmer now. We live in Bristol if you have any recommendations?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Bs16
Sorry but yes you will need an engineer its not a diy job at all, you need specialised gauges, refrigerant and the know-how to use them. I cant help you with a Bristol service company that does regasses either, your the second one in Bristol this week. Unfortunately all the engineers seem to have retired this year that did fridge work on domestic appliances.
I think we have gone as far as we can - so could I ask you to rate the help given by selecting from the star rating at the top of the page. Good luck with your repair and have a great day - Ian