Dales-Electronic
Dales-Electronic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.
26760916

The Grill element on my Moffat MSF 610 has stopped working,

The Grill element on my Moffat MSF 610 has stopped working, all other functions are
operating normally.
Expert:  Dales-Electronic replied 1 year ago.
Would you kindly let me have the PNC number that is on the rating plate its a 9 or 11 number code starting 949..............
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Do you have a multimeter?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No
OK I can give you an idea of what components will cause this problem but without being able to test out the components or even confirm that you have power going to them it will just be a guess. Would you like to proceed - if however you did have a multimeter we could confirm which component was faulty for sure (can you borrow one?)
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I will see if I can borrow one.
OK come back to me when you have one, if you were thinking of buying one, get one with a continuity beeper.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I haven't been able to borrow one so I think the only way round this is to get somebody
in to fix it.
Regards *****
OK but makes for an expensive repair be cheaper to buy a cheap multimeter and me talk you through it - but its up to you. Would you now kindly rate the information given by selecting from the star rating system at the top of the page, once done you can come back to me if you change your mind. Thank you for using JA and have a great weekend - Ian
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
l have ordered a cheap multimeter with buzzer so I am going to give it a go, come back to you when it arrives.
Thanks for your attention.
Ah great - I dont know why I do but I always get a buzz helping folk who are prepared to have a go solve their problems - come back to me when you're ready to go - Ian