George-Allsorts
George-Allsorts, Senior Appliance Technicial Manager
Experience:  A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
19471162

Beko drcs68w receives power to drum light, but no LEDs are

Customer Question

Beko drcs68w receives power to drum light, but no LEDs are lit on the front panel, and no controls will respond. Any ideas?
Expert:  Dales-Electronic replied 1 year ago.

Can you give me the product code which is on a label in the door frame - long number

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thanks just checking will be back to you in a couple of mins.

Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 1 year ago.

Hello Tom, my name is George,

Do you have the means of testing to see if the Main Control Card is getting power?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi George!How would I go about doing that?

Hi Tom,

You would use a multimeter.. Do you have one or can you get one?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm afraid I don't have one readily available for the time being. Is there an alternative?

Do you have a power test screwdriver?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Afraid not. However I've been meaning to get a multimeter anyway, so I can pick one up in the morning. Shall I do that and get back to you?

Yes that is fine...

I may be out on call and will be out for some time and therefore not be able to answer you immediately, but I should be back around 5:30 pm

I shall send you a Phone request .. You don't need to use it, but if you accept it, it will allow you to get my contact number and we can discuss what you need live if that is the way you prefer.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Probably best to stick to text comms for now, as I've got a workload to manage here too and it's more of an inconvenience than a major concern right now. Thank you anyway.

Not a problem.. I have to give you that option as, if you want any wiring diagrams sent to you you would need to use that request

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi George, sorry for the delay in getting back to you. Some things have come up and I have been unable to get a multimeter so far. I'll attempt to get one as soon as I am able, but in the meantime can you tell me what I will need to do and what I will be looking for when I do get it?

Good to hear from you Tom... You'll need to test between two points in the wiring that goes to the board..

Initially, you'll need to put the multimeter to an ac voltage above 240v and with the appliance switched ON, test between the points in the following diagram to ensure that you get a voltage reading..

Let me know what that reading is..

.

Tom, before continuing, I ask that you take the time to rate my assistance using the stars provided, as it is the only way I get credited for responding to you.

regards George

Please take the time to rate my assistance using the stars provided at the top of the page, as it is the only way I get credited for responding to you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi George, sorry for not responding, thank you for the information. I've just managed to get a multimeter and will test as soon as I am able.

Thank you for responding Tom,

Please reciprocate the assistance I gave you, by taking the time to rate my assistance using the stars provided at the top of the page.