George-Allsorts
George-Allsorts, Senior Appliance Technicial Manager
Experience:  A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
19471162

I have a Dimplex HTNBLK electric fire. It has started making

I have a Dimplex HTNBLK electric fire. It has started making a noise from the heater motor.
How do I access the motor to investigate. I thought it may need a little WD40 but can't see how to access the motor.
Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 1 year ago.
Hello James, my name is***** you got the appliance out of the wall cavity?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No. Its secured by sealant.
You will need to remove the appliance out of the cavity to access the rear of the appliance. A further note may be to tell you not to use WD40 on an appliance that is to produce heat due to the fire risk.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Will do. Its a kind of rattle noise coming from the heater motor. I thought it was propably the bearings getting dry.
I'll take it away from the wall cavity tomorrow. Is there access to the motor fromthe rear of the fire?
The access to the screws that release the retainers for the front parts are at the rear of the appliance.. You need to undo those screws and carefully remove the parts from the front which when dismantled will show the parts you are trying to access. If you are wishing to use a lubricant, I would suggest a high temperature silicone lubricant rather than WD40 due the the close nature of the heating parts. If you need to come back to request further assistance please feel free to do so.. I will assist as much as I can, and in return I hope that you will increase your rating of my assistance.