George-Allsorts
George-Allsorts, Senior Appliance Technicial Manager
Experience:  A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
19471162

We are having problems with our dishwasher it is a Hotpoint

Customer Question

Hi, We are having problems with our dishwasher it is a Hotpoint Aquarius. The dishwasher will switch on, you can hear the pump draining surplus water left over from last wash. Then when it should go into its next cycle you can only hear a not so good noise coming from ? Any ideas ?
Kind Regards,
J W
Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 1 year ago.
Hello Jim, my name is***** the appliance full of water at the point you hear the 'not so good' noise? Please be patient as I am on call, so will be in and out, sometimes out for hours at a time, and therefore may not be able to answer you immediately.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No
It sounds then like you have some deris in the drain pump .. If the pump is inhibited then the pressure switch cannot detect an empty tub and the fill stage will not start.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am a bit lost. Are you saying that, there is water/debris, in the drain pump and this is stopping it moving onto the fill cycle ? If this is the case would I not see it ?