George-Allsorts
George-Allsorts, Senior Appliance Technicial Manager
Experience:  A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
19471162

Have a whirlpool adp8000 showing an f6 error. It trips 5 mins

Have a whirlpool adp8000 showing an f6 error. It trips 5 mins into a cycle, not at the end. Test cycle shows water coming into machine (can hear it). What are next steps? Thanks very much
Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 1 year ago.
Hello Gerry, my name is***** you please supply me with the Service Code that starts with '85'... This is usually on a label down the edge of the door. Please be patient today as I am on call, so will be in and out, sometimes out for hours at a time, and therefore may not be able to answer you immediately.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi George
Thanks for that
Does 851159915910 make sense ?
Gerry
Can you see water in the tub if you open the door during the inlet stage?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi George
Yes, both at start of cycle and also during the self test I did
Gerry
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The F6 triggered almost I think as it started to drain just after. I could hear it change setting after inlet cycle, just started to drain through the sink? and the error tripped
Then the problem you have is a flow meter problem.. The flow meter is sending either No Count, or the Wrong Count, to the board. Exchange the flow meter and the problem should go away.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Cheers George
Would you be able to help me with the part number for the flow meter or maybe a link (am uk based but will search for equivalent if you only have your own local ones).
Is it a straight forward job to swap it?
Hi Gerry,Here is a link to the part you need to changeIf you are buying from the link I have given you, discount is available:To get discount, when you get to the Checkout page.. To the left of the 'Pay by Card' button there is a link to allow you to enter a discount code.. Click on it and enter the discount code __ id1975 __ to get a discount Please take the time to rate my assistance using the stars provided, as it is the only way I get credited for responding to you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi George
I located the part in the side panel. There was a buildup of grease near large opening that connects to the wall of the washer.
Where it was, it might have caused a build up of water to backup.
Have given it a clean out and it is flowing fine now.
Have you ever seen that before?If it trips again I'll just replace it.Gerry
I haven't seen grease build up there enough to stop the flow meter, but bravo for cleaning it and retrying it..Thank you for confirming it was that part that was causing the issue..Please take the time to rate my assistance using the stars provided, as it is the only way I get credited for responding to you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It's on the blink again George, F6... New part ordered this time !
At least I know how to get to it and remove it now !
When taking off the old one, be very careful with the wires going to the flow meter, they have a habit of getting damaged.