Plumberpro
Plumberpro, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Heating and hot water heating appliances experienced
77408428

I used to be a heating engineer but am no longer gas safe

Customer Question

I used to be a heating engineer but am no longer gas safe registered so can't ring valiant. I have a Eco max pro 18E at home. The fan is not coming on, I have tried testing for a supply across the plug to the fan but am not getting the expected 240V. Not sure if I'm testing across the right cables. It's on open vented system and the external pump is coming on. Can anyone tell me the correct procedure for testing the fan please.
Des
Expert:  Plumberpro replied 1 year ago.
H, check for voltage at H3 on the pcb(do you have the installation manual?)Check th fuses on the pcb and there is one on the fan dc transformer too
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for that. I already realised I was testing for ac. Didn't know it was a dc fan till finding the manual. The supply is good so going to change the fan.
Thanks anyway.
Expert:  Plumberpro replied 1 year ago.
Your welcome