Dales-Electronic
Dales-Electronic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.
26760916

Hotpoint fridge freezer FFUL 1820 P Appliance leaking at rear,

Customer Question

Hotpoint fridge freezer FFUL 1820 P
Appliance leaking at rear, switched off, took out contents of fridge and freezer. Emptied full drip tray at rear. Cleaned both fridge and freezer interiors and put contents back in. Probably switched off for 45 minutes. Both yellow and green lights flashing. Reset by turning dials 1 and 7 to zero and back to upright. Is this sufficient? I can't hear the motor running - should it be ?
Thank you - do hope you can help. 01884 277390
Expert:  Dales-Electronic replied 1 year ago.
OK try this turn dials to 0 both dials then unplug it, leave for ten minutes then plug it back in and reset each individual knob to about 2 then leave it for a couple of mins and tell me if it restarts?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks - I did that 30 minutes before you responded! Seems to be OK now and temperature is dropping. Overflow container at back bottom was full this morning - should this need emptying every couple of months or should it evaporate in that it is in proximity to heat-loss grid/framework?
OK excellent, its the disconnecting of the appliance that usually does the job its clears the microprocessor memory of any errors. You should be OK re the water from here on, usually what causes this is that the door gets left open accidently and the defrost system gets overloaded and can't deal with the amount of ice. If you mop out the defrost tray you should be OK. Would you now kindly rate the help given by selecting from the star rating system at the top of the page, you can come back to me at anytime later if you need further advice but it lets me close down the job on my screen. Thank you for using JA and have a great evening - Ian