Daniel
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

Michael, I have error code 14 and check water indicator.

Hi Michael, I have error code 14 and check water indicator. Have pulled machine out but cannot see anything on side allowing access to tank.
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.
Hi Can you post the model number please. If you open the door the details is etched into the door frame on the top left corner as you open it and starts E-nr Also when you set it going does it start to fill with water before the error code comes up? Regards
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Daniel,
It's SMS40C12GB/18 and yes it does start to fill with water before displaying codes. The water drains away.
Sarah
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Just over a year ago I had a problem with E14 code. The machine was then still under guararantee and Bosch engineer replaced a failed reed switch.
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for that. For this fault nearly always its down to a faulty flow sensor (reed switch) This is a small circuit board that sits in the plastic filling tank and picks up the flow of water as it passes through it and tells the circuit board once enough water has passed through. So if ths fails you get this fault were it starts to fill then error codes out and drain any water away. For this you need to remove the top panel and the left hand side panel.There you will see the big plastic filling tank.Towards the bottom of this you will see the flow sensor in there. You need to replace it and that should get it running again from there. Regards
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Daniel, think I will need someone to help me dismantle side and top panels of appliance. Man time would I be able to source a new flow sensor from E spares? Sarah.
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.
You can get it from Espares or direct from Bosch themsleves. Its cheaper from Bosch. Click here for the part from Bosch